McLean Mathematics Education ScholarshipGive!
The scholarship is available thanks to a generous endowment in honor of Dr. Katharine McLean. This endowed scholarship is intended to continue her legacy in supporting outstanding individuals that have a passion for teaching mathematics.
- Major: Mathematics, Secondary Education emphasis only
- Class Standing: sophomore, junior, or non-graduating senior
- Enrollment: full-time
- Citizenship/Residency: none specified
- Courses Complete: MATH 122A/B (or equivalent) and MATH 205
- Other: Genuine commitment to teaching at the secondary level upon degree completion.
As much as possible, all McLean fellows will be chosen with attention to their overall GPA, their mathematical aptitude, and emerging leadership within the community.
Mathematics Education Fellows receiving the award prior to their senior year, will remain fellows through their senior year, for a maximum period of three consecutive academic years, upon satisfactory progress in the mathematics major, mathematics education emphasis. The award values are as follows:
Sophomore year: $1,000; Junior year: $2,000; Senior year: $3,000.
- Marley Murrell, 2018
- Erika Friedemann, 2017