McLean Mathematics Education ScholarshipGive!
The scholarship is available thanks to a generous endowment in honor of Dr. Katharine McLean. This endowed scholarship is intended to continue her legacy in supporting outstanding individuals that have a passion for teaching mathematics.
- Major: Mathematics, Secondary Education emphasis only
- Class Standing: will be sophomore, junior, or non-graduating senior in fall of award year
- Enrollment: full-time
- Citizenship/Residency: none specified
- Courses Complete: MATH 122A/B (or equivalent)
- Other: Genuine commitment to teaching at the secondary level upon degree completion.
As much as possible, all McLean scholars will be chosen with attention to their overall GPA, their mathematical aptitude, and emerging leadership within the community.
Mathematics Education Scholars receiving the award prior to their senior year, will remain scholars through their senior year, for a maximum period of three consecutive academic years, upon satisfactory progress in the mathematics major, mathematics education emphasis. The award values are as follows:
Sophomore year: $1,000; Junior year: $2,000; Senior year: $3,000.
- Anthony Matias, 2022
- Mason Perkins, 2022
- Araceli Padilla, 2021
- Mason Perkins, 2021
- Esteban Manriquez, 2020
- Mason Perkins, 2020
- Wiktoria Latocha, 2019
- Jenna Mills, 2019
- Erika Friedemann, 2018
- Marley Murrell, 2018
- Erika Friedemann, 2017