The University of Arizona

8.11. Evaluation of non-math transfer work

Math/SDS Majors and MinorsRegistration and transcriptsEvaluation of non-math transfer work

While the Registrar's office determines whether or not transfer course work is acceptable for UA credit, it is up to individual departments to determine whether the content of a transfer course is sufficiently similar to a UA course to count as that UA course in a student's program.  Most departments are now using a common form for submission of transfer evaluations.  See

There are a few special cases:

In-State Transfers:  many in-state courses do not need evaluation; to see how your course transfers to UA, check the online course equivalency guide:



General Education:  your Academic Advisor for your primary major can either evaluate your general education coursework or give you instructions for having it evaluated.  If your primary (or only) major is Mathematics or Statistics, contact College of Science advisor Tharini “Raini” Wijeweera to request a gen ed evaluation:  Please send your message from your official UA email address and include your student ID number.


Math:  read the information at  and follow the instructions.  Placement information for transfer students is posted at  These links are also available through your Next Steps Center if you are an incoming student.

Chemistry:  read the information at and follow the instructions.

English:  read the information at  and follow the instructions.



All students must include a link or attach information to the catalog description and a detailed syllabus.  The syllabus must list the topics covered each week, the textbooks used and the number of contact hours each week.  Please submit your information well in advance to allow adequate time for review.  We cannot review courses that do not include a detailed syllabus and lab information (if applicable).