2.3. Should I take the PPL Assessment?
Math Placement, Transfer Credit/Credit by Exam, PPL (Math Placement Test) → PPL Assessment (Math Placement Test) → Should I take the PPL Assessment?
For Transfer, Readmits, or Continuing students:
- If you have not taken math in several years, you should consider enrolling in Math 100 for review. No test scores are required.
- Recent (less than two years) prerequisite transfer credit can place you into a Math course. Contact the Math Placement Office.
- Note that there may be a fee for testing (transfer, continuing, NDS, $26 fee).
For Incoming First Year Students:
If your Next Steps Center Math message recommends testing, please take the PPL Assessment.
Testing is required if:
- You need to take a MATH course and have placed below the level of your major math requirement
- Your SAT/ACT scores or college math credit place you below the level of your major math requirement
- You have college level transfer credit, or credit by exam, below the level of your major math requirement
If there is a missing test score in your Next Steps Center or you have college math credit, send a copy of your scores or credit to Math Placement Office.
Students should test at least one week prior to their orientation date, if possible. However, tests completed prior to orientation will be processed in time for course registration.
Testing cannot hurt your placement level. Your Math course will be based on your highest placement score.
If you still have questions, contact the Math Placement Office.