2.4. How can I take the PPL Assessment to test and/or retest?
Math Placement, Transfer Credit/Credit by Exam, PPL (Math Placement Test) → Placement Test, PPL Assessment → How can I take the PPL Assessment to test and/or retest?
If you have taken the PPL Assessment prior to April 28, 2021: You may need assistance accessing the assessment as we have made some changes. If you are not able to access the assessment, include a screen capture of any error messages or issues you are having, and contact the Math Placement Office. Include your UA SID.
To take the PPL Assessment you will need
- Your UA NET ID and PASSWORD
- Proctor Password, PPLUAMATH21 - Please write this down now.
- High Speed Internet
- A webcam and microphone
- A PC or MAC computer.
- An IPAD is NOT recommended.
- Students are not able to test on a Chromebook. Please try to access a PC or MAC to take the PPL Assessment.
- A photo ID is required. A driver's license, passport, or school ID are preferred.
- Disable your pop-up blocker.
Once you complete the PPL Assessment, you have access to a review module, Prep and Learning Mode. Access is at the bottom of this page.
Important Testing Info
- Read about the PPL Assessment before proceeding . You can find links to review, test topics, and other important information.
- Incoming students - first read through the information in your Next Steps Center.
- First year students - Read these FAQs.
- You are to take the assessment as if you were taking an in-person proctored exam. Students may use an approved calculator. No other outside materials, websites, or assistance is allowed. Any suspicious behavior will be reported to the Dean of Students and will result in an invalidated score.
- There is a fee for testing. First year students are allowed one assessment as part of the enrollment fee if it is taken through their Next Steps Center. Arizona Online and Global Direct campuses cover the fee for their students. All other attempts result in a $26 fee charged to the student's UA bursar account (retests, tests for current students, transfers, NDS, readmits, graduate students, etc.).
- After you have completed your Assessment, you will have access to a Prep and Learning Module for Review.
- Respondus Quick Guide - Step-by-Step testing process
- The test is proctored using Respondus Monitor, an online proctoring service
- Once you access the PPL Assessment link, you will need to download LockDown Browser and then check your system requirements before proceeding to the test.
- Respondus Troubleshooting Guide - If you have any trouble with Respondus Monitor, use this guide, or go here for more help.
- You are encouraged to view the Respondus Terms of Service and Privacy information before taking the PPL Assessment.
- Note that your testing session will be recorded and reviewed.
- Use your UA NET ID and Password.
- You will need this PROCTOR PASSWORD: PPLUAMATH21
- Scores are not processed into the UA system immediately, but within 12 hours.
Your Score - The score you see at the end of the assessment is your score. It will be processed into the UA system within 12 hours of completing the assessment. Incoming students can check for the score in their Next Steps Center. Current students, check if your score has been processed into the UA system.
If you need assistance - Contact the Math Placement Office. Note that this office is open M-F 8am-5pm. Include screen captures for any troubleshooting issues.
Scores are not finalized until the session has been reviewed, even if the score has been loaded into UAccess. Any violation of testing rules or suspicious behavior will result in an invalidated test score and may be reported to the Dean of Students.
Want to review before retaking the PPL Assessment? - After you have completed your first attempt at the Assessment, you will have access to review, or improve your knowledge in a Prep and Learning Module. Review here before retesting.