3.2. General Troubleshooting and Errors
Math Placement, Transfer Credit/Credit by Exam, PPL (Math Placement Test) → Respondus Monitor Information and Troubleshooting → General Troubleshooting and Errors
If you are having trouble with the Respondus testing process please try these steps.
- Make sure you have reviewed the Respondus Quick Guide, with step-by-step instructions.
- Make sure you are testing on a PC or MAC. The testing process is not compatible with Chromebooks, iPads, or tablets. You will also need a strong internet connection. If possible, use an ethernet cord instead of using wifi.
- Live Chat with Respondus here.
- Check their Troubleshooting website. This page provides information and assistance with:
- System requirements
- Lockdown Brower is not launching or downloading
- Windows 10 using S mode
- Spyware detection or anti-virus software interfering with Respondus
- How to remove programs uning in the background
- Browser not compatable error message
- Screencastify error
- More information can be found through the Student Support FAQs.
- If you are not able to resolve your issue with the links above, please contact Respondus directly by submitting a helpdesk ticket here.
- If you are not able to get Respondus Monitor to work, sometimes the best solution is to use a different computer.