Math 454 Section 001, Fall 2014
- General information
- COURSE: Math 454 Section 001, Fall 2020.
- LECTURE MEETING TIME: MWF 2:00pm-2:50pm
- LECTURE MEETING LOCATION: Psych Room 309
- TEXT: Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos By Steven. H. Strogatz
- NAME: Don(Qiudong) Wang.
- OFFICE: Math 313
- PHONE: 621-8307
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB-ADDRESS: http://www.math.arizona.edu/~dwang
- OFFICE HOURS: MWF 3:00am-4:00pm
- Course Policy
- Attendance: Students are expected to attend every scheduled class, and to be familiar
with the University Class Attendance Policy. It is the student's responsibility to be informed of any announcements,
syllabus adjustments, or policy changes made during scheduled classes.
- Exams: There will be two midterms and a final exam. The midterms are tentatively scheduled on Monday, Feb. 24th and Monday April 13th.
The final exam is scheduled on Friday, May 8th from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. The midterms are worth 100 points each and the final, 200 points. The final is going to be comprehensive.
- Quiz and Homework: Homework will be posted on my
Webpage weekly on every friday for the week's lecture, and are collected on the friday that follows. In addition, there will be
a weekly quiz (one or more problems
in 10-15 minutes) on the same day the weekly homework is collected. Quiz problems will
come directly from the due homework. A total score of 100 points are assigned to homework and a total score of 100 points are assigned to Quiz.
- Grades: The total number of points on the midterms, final, homework and quiz is 600. Your final grade will be no lower than as listed below:
- 540< points < 600 (90% to 100%): A
- 480< points < 540 (80% to 90%): B
- 420 < points < 480 (70% to 80%): C
- 360 < points < 420 (60% to 70%): D
- points < 360 (0% to 60%): E