Special Topics Courses
- Math 518-001 - Homological Algebra (Klaus Lux)
- Math 529-001 - Optimal transport and its applications (Chris Hernderson)
- Math 538-001 - Algebraic Geometry and Combinatorics (Yi Hu)
- Math 577-001 - Stochastic Control & Learning (Misha Chertkov)
- Math 577-002 - High Dimensional Probability and Nonasymptotic Statistics (Ning Hao)
- Math 577-003 - Spatial Dynamics on the Networks with Applications (Moysey Brio)
- Math 588-001 - Infinite-Dimensional Analysis & Quantum Theory (Janek Wehr)
Curious what sorts of special topics courses were offered in the past? Please consult the Special Topics Course Archive.
Identifying Special Topics courses
The following university course catalog numbers are reserved for Special Topics courses: 518, 519, 529, 538, 577, 588.
When a Special Topics course is announced, it will be open but with the designation TBA. If there is sufficient student demand for the course, and the department has the resources to cover all its other teaching obligations, the course will be properly scheduled. Otherwise the course will be cancelled.