The University of Arizona

Exam and Transfer Credits

Transfer Math Credit

Do you have college math credit, or want to see if a college math course will transfer to UA?  Many courses or exams (credit by exam) automatically award UA credit.

FIRST: Check these lists to see if your course automatically transfers to UA for credit.   

Arizona Institutions    |   Out-of-Arizona Institutions   | International Credit  AP, IB, CLEP, CIE 

SECOND: If your course or exam is not listed, or your course has already transferred in as Math 1tr or Math 3tr, submit an evaluation.

Transfer Course Evaluation Form for courses already completed   or   

Transfer Course Evaluation Form to pre-approve a course before taking it 

For courses or credit that have already been completed, check the THIRD item below. If your credit is not in the UA system, you will need to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript in your evaluation form.  

For Transfer Course Evaluations:

THIRD: Is your credit in the UA system?  

Recent Transfer credit may be used for placement into UA Math courses. Students also need to have official transcripts or scores sent to the UA Office of the Registrar.  

If you believe that you have met a Math course registration requirement, but cannot register, contact the Placement Office


Credit Hours - The Math Department does not determine the number of credits that transfer in from a particular institution. Questions regarding this should be directed to the Office of the Registrar. Quarter system units are converted to semester units by multiplying the units by 2/3.

International Transfer Credits - If your math course is from outside the U.S. and course information is not available online, you can bring your catalog course descriptions to math advising at your orientation or to the Math Academic Office in Mathematics Room 108.