Additional Resources for Undergraduates
The information collected here is meant to be helpful to math students, whether you are majoring in math or statistics, or plan to take just one math class.
- Impostor Syndrome - post by our own Dr. William Yslas Vélez, Emeritus Professor, from the American Mathematical Society blog
- A Community of Mathematicians - four undergraduates share their experiences as math majors at UA
- Women in Mathematics - experiences and perspectives of women completing the math major at UA
- Incoming Math Students - one student's personal experience of success, failure, and learning to succeed again
- Transition from High School - a group of students share their perspectives
- College Freshmen: Expectations
- Math Placement at UA
Student Profiles and Interviews
- Keara Burke, class of 2019
- Vera Thornton, class of 2017
- Daniel Fried, class of 2014
- Safatul Islam, class of 2014
- Jason Xu, class of 2012
- Ajit Divakaruni, class of 2006
Advice from Alumni
- Advice on Learning Mathematics by Sean Howe, class of 2010.
Resources for International/ESL Students
- International Student Services
- Center for English as a Second Language: Fee-based part-time and evening classes in the following areas: ☆ English ☆ Pronunciation ☆ Conversations
- Writing Skills Improvement Program: The folks at WSIP can help with any type of writing project (from essays to resumes to dissertations) at any stage.
- Cosmopolitan Toastmasters: A unique public speaking club for non-native English speakers in a friendly, supportive environment. Open to everyone. No prerequisite. Improve communication and leadership skills, and presentation skills. Improve self-confidence speaking in front of a group or when called upon. Great for anyone preparing for a class presentation or job interview.
Resources for Other Student Groups
- African American Student Affairs (AASA)
- Asian Pacific American Student Affairs (APASA)
- The Adalberto & Ana Guerrero Student Center (formerly Chicano Hispanic Students Affairs)
- Disability Resource Center (DRC)
- LGBTQ Affairs
- Native American Student Affairs (NASA)
- Veterans Education and Transition Services (V.E.T.S.)
- Women's Resource Center