Math/SDS Majors and Minors Knowledge Base
1. Contact Us
2. Prospective Students
- 2.1. How do I declare a major in mathematics or statistics & data science?
- 2.2. I am planning a campus visit; is there someone I can talk to about majoring in math or sds?
- 2.3. I plan to transfer to the UA as a math or SDS major. How can I obtain advising through that process?
- 2.4. I want to return to UA as a math or SDS major, but my GPA wasn't great when I left. Will I be readmitted?
- 2.5. Where can I find a sample 4-year plan for the math or statistics & data science major?
- 2.6. What kind of computer should I get if I am a Math or SDS major?
- 2.7. How do I declare the math or SDS minor?
- 2.8. Immigration Guidance for international students
3. Current Continuing Students
- 3.1. How can I get help with my MATH or DATA class?
- 3.2. I am a math or SDS major; how do I make an advising appointment?
- 3.3. Priority registration advising
- 3.4. I am a math or SDS major. How do I find out who my faculty advisor is?
- 3.5. I am having trouble getting in touch with my faculty advisor. What should I do?
- 3.6. Where can I find the requirements for my math or statistics & data science major?
- 3.7. I am a math or SDS major; are there scholarships that I can apply for?
- 3.8. How do I "un-declare" a math department major or minor?
- 3.9. What if I want to study mathematics AND statistics & data science?
- 3.10. Where can I view the requirements for a math or SDS minor?
- 3.11. I am a Math or SDS minor - how do I connect with my advisor?
- 3.12. Can I use a course from another department in my math or SDS minor requirements?
- 3.13. Major elective options for SDS
5. Graduating Students
- 5.1. I finished all of my degree requirements; when do I get my diploma? Where will my diploma be sent?
- 5.2. What is the degree check/Degree Audit Worksheet process for my math or SDS major?
- 5.3. I am a Math or SDS minor; what do I need to do for my degree check/Degree Audit Worksheet?
- 5.4. Will my Math or SDS Minor show on my degree when I graduate?
6. Curriculum Changes
- 6.1. New prerequisites for DATA/MATH 363
- 6.2. DATA 467: offering pattern - new 2022
- 6.3. New General Education Curriculum - 2022
- 6.4. MATH 323 and 396L changes - 2020
- 6.5. MATH 475B changes for 2020-21 and beyond
- 6.6. MATH 481: new course for 2021
- 6.7. CHEE 205: new programming course for Math Majors 2021
7. Registration and transcripts
- 7.1. UAccess Registration tutorials
- 7.2. How do I enroll in Honors Thesis, Independent Study, or Research through the Math Department?
- 7.3. How do I enroll in Internship credit through the Math Department?
- 7.4. Can I take a graduate (500-level) class?
- 7.5. How can I get approval for a course overload?
- 7.6. When do I register for classes?
- 7.7. 1 unit course options including supplemental instruction (SI)
- 7.8. Can I drop a class?
- 7.9. How do I drop all of my classes for a semester?
- 7.10. Ordering UArizona transcripts
- 7.11. Evaluation of non-math transfer work
- 7.12. Have questions not answered here?
8. Accelerated Master's Program
9. Research, Teaching, Internships, and Study Abroad for Undergrads
10. Activities and Events
11. Graduate School
12. Winter Break Advising
- 12.1. Winter closure dates (2022-2023 academic year)
- 12.2. I am taking a winter course and I need to drop it.
- 12.3. Does my winter course count for my degree program?
- 12.4. I was told by Financial Aid that I need to file a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal Form.
- 12.5. I didn’t do well last semester and am worried about my academic status.
- 12.6. A course I need for Spring is full.
- 12.7. I need to apply to graduate in Spring or Summer.
- 12.8. I applied for Readmission for Spring, and am waiting to hear back from the College of Science for my next steps.
Math/SDS Majors and Minors: Printer Friendly Version